email

melissa@MelissaEsterlinePhotography.com

Melissa Esterline Photography's Fan Box

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

I feel like I hit the mega millions lottery today!!!!

When I first started photography, I was in college and at that time digital cameras were hardly even heard of. So I started basic film photography classes. It was great we took, processed and developed the pictures ourselves. I still to this day get a certain feeling of excitement when I think about fumbling around in the pitch black room trying to load the film onto that real in the canister, the smell of the chemicals the red lights and in the dark room. Mmmm takes me to a special time in photography.
Today I was cleaning my closet and I came across my old portfolio complete with negatives filed nicely in the sleeves. Of course I search crazily for any image that might have me and my brother in it. First page was a hand developed image of me and Mikey. I remember the day clearly, I wanted to go to the Germantown Damn with Travis to get some shots, but he had to work so Mikey took me.
I remember when Mikey died, begging God to help me find some photos of us together and today I truly feel like a Millionaire, no better yet millionaires have nothing compared to the treasure I have just found! Also while searching the negative sheets I found several images of just him. I'm so excited to get them printed
I scanned this on my cheap scanner, but I have the negative too, so I hope I can get a great enlargement.

5 comments:

PhotographyByLydia said...

Melissa this is so sweet!!!

Anonymous said...

Priceless....

Love ya,
Joni

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful!!!

Love,
Leah

PicturesByTracy said...

What a pricesless treasure Melissa. I'm so happy you found this and I know how specail this is to you. Love ya girlie! Tracy

Anonymous said...

This is so amazing! I'm so happy that you've found this great treasure!

About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, photographer based out of Dayton Ohio. Will travel =) I believe in love. I cry when I see it’s presence in photographs of people I don’t even know. I believe love can be touched with the eyes as they move across the well told story of a photograph. That’s what I want to do… I want to tell love stories with my photographs.
I know Jesus in my heart and through him I know how to change lives. All the beauty I see is because of the stability and inspiration of my home life. Family is so very important to me. They are what makes me complete, my foundation and my encouragement. It is because of them that I know a great love story while looking through a lens.