email

melissa@MelissaEsterlinePhotography.com

Melissa Esterline Photography's Fan Box

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 19, 2008

It was a fairy tale...

I'll start this post with a HUGE thank you to all my...(I almost said clients) but by now all of you are so much more!) so to all my friends thank you for your patience as I catch up on sessions. Your kindness is so very appreciated.

I have been so blessed this year to have shot more than a couple of emotional weddings, the kind that when I get home and sort through the pics, I have to wipe tears from my eyes. Today was one of those weddings, just a fairytale in every way. Beautiful bride handsome groom, promises made and kept, loving parents and giving and devoted church family and AMAZING pictures. I don't know if I can even do justice to the day in my explanation. It was over 90 degrees and yet the bride and groom still venture to Cox Arboretum and rock out the session! I had an AMAZING assistant, (Lydia I love you and am so very blessed to have you with me)! She made my whole day a thousand times easier.
I feel so very overwhelmed with emotions, I don't know if it is just the heat getting to me or that this wedding reminded me so much of my sister-in-laws wedding, but I know I witnessed love in so many ways today and I am blessed to have experienced it! Thank you Leah for sharing it with me.
I also just want to praise God for helping me with today. I asked that he would allow me to see Cox with fresh eyes today because I have been feeling tired of going there. He really did let me do just that, I felt so very inspired:

Leah you are so sweet and beautiful thank you so much for going with all my crazy ideas


in about a week I should have another preview up, there are so so many more to come!

6 comments:

PhotographyByLydia said...

O my Gosh Melissa,I adsolutely LOVE IT. Its "Gorgeous". Leah was so beautful, kinda like a Cinderella tip beautiful LOL!!!By the way, I had a great time helping you and I was able to see some friends that I hadn't seen in a while so thanks!!!
Love ya Girl,
Lydia

Melissa said...

She really makes a picture beautiful. When I got home I threw up three times and got a migraine lol but it was worth it. I couldn't believe how hot it was.

Anonymous said...

Wow-I hope my wedding can come close to this description...
~The other Leah : )

Anonymous said...

Wow, I hope my wedding can come close to this description...
~The other Leah : )

Stephanie said...

MELISSA!!! You are amazing! Glen and I love you sooo much and thank you for all your hard work on our pictures. You have made our wedding day soooo special!!!
love Ya!
Leah and Glen

Melissa said...

Leah and Glen, thank you for sharing all the special moments with me! Have fun on the honeymoon and by the way, love you guys bunches =)!

About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, photographer based out of Dayton Ohio. Will travel =) I believe in love. I cry when I see it’s presence in photographs of people I don’t even know. I believe love can be touched with the eyes as they move across the well told story of a photograph. That’s what I want to do… I want to tell love stories with my photographs.
I know Jesus in my heart and through him I know how to change lives. All the beauty I see is because of the stability and inspiration of my home life. Family is so very important to me. They are what makes me complete, my foundation and my encouragement. It is because of them that I know a great love story while looking through a lens.