email

melissa@MelissaEsterlinePhotography.com

Melissa Esterline Photography's Fan Box

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The Sallee workshop

First of all I am really glad I went! I had a bunch of fun with some awesome photographers and learned a bunch. You know I think the best thing at this workshop was that JB Sallee let his work speak for itself. He didn't come in with an attitude of any sort (and let me tell you his stuff was the bombdiggity so he totally could have been puffed up), but he just talked to us like friends. He shared his flaws and mistakes and that to me spoke so much. Like I said I had a great time and learned so very useful stuff that I wanted to try out so here goes:

This is an image I took at the lovely Leah's wedding that I wanted to add some texture. Here it is before:



Here it is after some texture

2 comments:

SharonElaine Photography said...

Girl, I had so much fun last night :D And you are right on all counts, JB was a perty cool guy ;)

I love the new version, although your first one was equally beautiful :)

Melissa said...

Thanks babe! I appreciate all your feedback. BTW I had a blast too ;) Can't wait until Friday!

About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, photographer based out of Dayton Ohio. Will travel =) I believe in love. I cry when I see it’s presence in photographs of people I don’t even know. I believe love can be touched with the eyes as they move across the well told story of a photograph. That’s what I want to do… I want to tell love stories with my photographs.
I know Jesus in my heart and through him I know how to change lives. All the beauty I see is because of the stability and inspiration of my home life. Family is so very important to me. They are what makes me complete, my foundation and my encouragement. It is because of them that I know a great love story while looking through a lens.