email

melissa@MelissaEsterlinePhotography.com

Melissa Esterline Photography's Fan Box

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 17, 2008

Jessica and AJ's e-session

Church went late that morning and service was amazing. The singers finished the song and I wiped the tears from my eyes, in an attempt to clear my vision long enough to check my watch. IT'S 11:30!!!!! Jump up exit the service in a bustle. No time to change into the cloths carefully ironed that morning and placed on the cloths hook in my vehicle so that they would not wrinkle (don't want to make a bad impression). I just jump in tromp the gas and I'm off! And that's not even an unusual day for me LOL.

Off to meet Jessica and AJ for a romantic rainy engagement session. Earlier that week Jessica contacted me and said the show would go on "rain or not". I absolutely love it when I meet someone like her, she's so sweet and kind, just an all around nice person. When I first meet her we had an instant connection and I know we are building something more than a business relationship. I always say this and today is no exception: I have the most amazing brides!

We met at a park and began talking (in between shots). Then it happened... she casually mentions that the got engaged in an ally just minutes from where we were! I'm like "NO WAY LET'S GO!" . It's a photographer's job to find a connection with the place and the pictures and let me tell you, as the day went on, it seemed every picture and place had such a meaningful connection to the couple. It was just an amazing engagement session with amazing people!

This is going to be a HUGE post because I couldn't narrow it down to a few LOL, so here goes:

Finding joy in the rain (side note check out those dimples!)






Canoodling in the alley where they got engaged (insert smiley with raised eyebrows)




They are so in love and it shows


Ring shot!


You guys make my job easy




I love this shot, I think it shows the comfort they have found in one another



This one has a story: Jessica starts telling me how once at a party AJ threw right over his shoulder and carried her away, as she's telling me he whisks her right off her feet and over his shoulder and says "like this!" lol


Love the symmetry of this one (seems lighthearted)


Ok this is a tree right outside of Jessica's elementary that she use to climb as a child


Next few are because AJ is a police officer! Oh and Jessica may I say "OW OWWWW you make one hot sherrif" I'm sure this is going straight to the station


Love this one


Next two are me trying out textures



4 comments:

jessica said...

Melissa,
I love them, they look great! You are so gifted. You made it so much fun and you are so easy to talk to. I love that. We both really enjoyed it and can't wait for the wedding! Looking forward to all that is to come!
-Jessica

Melissa said...

Aww hon, thanks so much! I always hold my breath until I hear what the client thinks. I'm so glad you enjoyed them. I am so looking forward to your wedding as well!

PicturesByTracy said...

Great job girl!

Melissa said...

Thanks Tracy!

About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, photographer based out of Dayton Ohio. Will travel =) I believe in love. I cry when I see it’s presence in photographs of people I don’t even know. I believe love can be touched with the eyes as they move across the well told story of a photograph. That’s what I want to do… I want to tell love stories with my photographs.
I know Jesus in my heart and through him I know how to change lives. All the beauty I see is because of the stability and inspiration of my home life. Family is so very important to me. They are what makes me complete, my foundation and my encouragement. It is because of them that I know a great love story while looking through a lens.