email

melissa@MelissaEsterlinePhotography.com

Melissa Esterline Photography's Fan Box

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Photo contest winner!!!!!!!!!



Tiny sunbather!

Thanks so much EVERYONE who entered the contest! All your pictures and stories were beautiful, but we had to pick only one =( and this one stood out with myself and all the other judges. Which reminds me, thanks goes out to everyone that helped me judge, I appreciate it.

Ok so reasons why I loved this one so much:

*The natural light the baby is bathing in is so beautiful
* Composition is very nice, full length shot makes the eyes travel across the pic
* The emotion was captured. I can feel the serenity of the baby as he sleeps
* The story behind it was very connected to the picture.
This tiny little guy was only a week old and he had a case of jaundice. His Mom placed him carefully on the floor in front of the patio door for his daily amount of sun exposure and he, feeling the warmth on his skin, slipped off to sleep. Mommy (being a great photographer) grabbed her camera and this was the result.

* Side note: Loved that the little umbilical cord is still attached LOL



0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, photographer based out of Dayton Ohio. Will travel =) I believe in love. I cry when I see it’s presence in photographs of people I don’t even know. I believe love can be touched with the eyes as they move across the well told story of a photograph. That’s what I want to do… I want to tell love stories with my photographs.
I know Jesus in my heart and through him I know how to change lives. All the beauty I see is because of the stability and inspiration of my home life. Family is so very important to me. They are what makes me complete, my foundation and my encouragement. It is because of them that I know a great love story while looking through a lens.