email

melissa@MelissaEsterlinePhotography.com

Melissa Esterline Photography's Fan Box

Search This Blog

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Beauty IS in the eye of the beholder

A few days ago my sister in law called to tell us the head stone for Mikey's grave was in and they had placed it. We were very excited because we knew it would have a picture of him on it. We all wanted to see if the image would actually look like him. It did and it was beautiful.

Matthew 6:22-21
19 Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

This was Dad seeing it for the first time


Branson wanted to know if that was Uncle Monkey (they couldn't say Mikey when they were babies so he became Uncle Monkey =)


Branson asking Papaw if that was his car. (Mikey really enjoyed classic cars and he and Dad put one together so they had that pic added to the stone)




Natalie, pirates don't have anything on me either! There isn't any treasure here on earth that will ever compare to what we have in heaven.

3 comments:

PhotographyByLydia said...

Melissa,
These pictures are really nice. Thanks for posting this. Your in my prayers!!
Love,
Lydia

PicturesByTracy said...

O'my these pictures speek so much. The stone is beautiful..thanks for posting. Love ya girl! Tracy

Melissa said...

thanks girls, I'm finding it easier to share this part of me, so thanks for the encouragement

About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, photographer based out of Dayton Ohio. Will travel =) I believe in love. I cry when I see it’s presence in photographs of people I don’t even know. I believe love can be touched with the eyes as they move across the well told story of a photograph. That’s what I want to do… I want to tell love stories with my photographs.
I know Jesus in my heart and through him I know how to change lives. All the beauty I see is because of the stability and inspiration of my home life. Family is so very important to me. They are what makes me complete, my foundation and my encouragement. It is because of them that I know a great love story while looking through a lens.