email

melissa@MelissaEsterlinePhotography.com

Melissa Esterline Photography's Fan Box

Search This Blog

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Hey Mikey

I think some days go by where I busy myself so that I don't have to think or feel the pain associated with the loss of my brother Mikey. Then at the end of the day it will hit me and I unload in a heap of tears.
I know there are many others out there experiencing the loss of a loved one or a difficult family situation and for all of you I say and try to believe "we will make it through this".

Hey man!
Today was hard. In every instance that I had a second to close my eyes, you were there. In every conversation, you were there. I stopped by and picked Dad up for church (that's right he goes now), you would be so shocked lol! He actually enjoys it. It's precious time spent with him. I know you would have loved to take these trips with us.
Dad is still having a hard time but he is getting stronger. After all you and Lonnie were his best friends and you guys had to go on just a month apart. Couldn't you have spaced it out a bit? I know, I know, you're a Lewis and that's how you roll. =)
You know I missed your visit at Mom and Dad's that night because I was asleep. I wish you would have woke me up and we could have had one last conversation, why didn't you?
I promise I never let Dad see me like this. I am tuff (you would be proud).

Mikey, I am getting to know a new me and she is strange and unfamiliar but she is who I have become. The me that no longer has a brother (here on earth), the single M in the M&M gang. I miss you.
I will forever be thankful for the day you went forward and accepted Jesus Christ in your heart. Can't wait to see you bub!

2 comments:

michellemckibbenphotography said...

Wow, Melissa. Thanks for sharing your heart. What you wrote was so sweet and beautiful. It made me cry. I'm sure anyone who reads this will be touched. And hopefully, it will give some hope in knowing that death is not the end, but just a temporary separation.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Melissa...
~Leah

About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, photographer based out of Dayton Ohio. Will travel =) I believe in love. I cry when I see it’s presence in photographs of people I don’t even know. I believe love can be touched with the eyes as they move across the well told story of a photograph. That’s what I want to do… I want to tell love stories with my photographs.
I know Jesus in my heart and through him I know how to change lives. All the beauty I see is because of the stability and inspiration of my home life. Family is so very important to me. They are what makes me complete, my foundation and my encouragement. It is because of them that I know a great love story while looking through a lens.