email

melissa@MelissaEsterlinePhotography.com

Melissa Esterline Photography's Fan Box

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Are you a daring bride

So I was thinking about the “Trash the Dress” sessions that are becoming so very popular. All the while, looking in my closet at my beautiful hand beaded wedding dress, 6ft train and all. Memories of the day flooded my mind. I was lost in a vision of me standing with my daughter, explaining why every detail was so important and exclaiming “look at mommy's princess dress!!” While I know she may never wear my dress, there still is something very sentimental about having it here physically. (Also very nice to have it here every year so that I can try it on and dance around behind the locked door of my bedroom LOL!) Hey, it’s who I am and the thought of “Trashing” my dress or yours is just way too stressful.

Although, I do love the artistic movement of the pictures and appreciate the fresh ideas. There is just something about the contrast that draws me in, but I believe the same picture can be achieved without completely trashing the dress.

So if you enjoy the idea of taking your wedding dress out again and getting some edgy picture without complete distruction of your dress, listen up (or read up =) ) I am going to be offering a very tame version called “Daring bridal sessions” You may leave with a dry cleaners bill, but you will also leave with the beautiful dress in hand. So if you are a “Daring Bride” who wants to get some great post wedding pics with your dress I would love to hear from you!



Here are just a few from a great session with the beautiful Mandy:




3 comments:

Anonymous said...

O my! These are really cute. The first thing I did when I got home(from church) was check to see if you put up your "Daring Bridal"session up.
I love the one with the red hat and shoes(Classy LOL).

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa,
I thank you so much for even asking me to do this, and the fact that you knew that I would. I had so much fun and you made it so easy. I appreciate all that you do to bring out the best in me. You are a great friend, and I pray that God will keep blessing your talent. Thanks for everything.
Mandi

Anonymous said...

I was so excited when you told me that you had posted some of the "Daring Bridal" pictures. I was honored that you would ask me to do this. I had so much fun and I would do it again. I love your work and how you can bring out the best in me. You have become such a great friend, and I pray that the Lord keeps blessing you and your talents above and beyond what you ever thought could be possible. Thank you for everything...Mandi

About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, photographer based out of Dayton Ohio. Will travel =) I believe in love. I cry when I see it’s presence in photographs of people I don’t even know. I believe love can be touched with the eyes as they move across the well told story of a photograph. That’s what I want to do… I want to tell love stories with my photographs.
I know Jesus in my heart and through him I know how to change lives. All the beauty I see is because of the stability and inspiration of my home life. Family is so very important to me. They are what makes me complete, my foundation and my encouragement. It is because of them that I know a great love story while looking through a lens.