email

melissa@MelissaEsterlinePhotography.com

Melissa Esterline Photography's Fan Box

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 6, 2008

I did it!

I needed to get a few things from the store and I didn't go to to Walmart! I loaded the kids up and we went to Rite-aid here in town. When we pulled up Mason said "hey this is where my friend works!" Which is really a funny story because wherever we go, Mason makes a friend.

The lady he was refering to is a Manager we met while shopping there almost 5 years ago and her name is Nadene. Mason was type of baby that would go berserk in a store! He would SCREAM the entire time. It was so very dreadful. One time Nadene saw me in a state of distress and walked over and starting talking to Mason and trying to help him calm down. Well over the years they have formed a friendship and he really looks forward to seeing her.

We were in the store for no more than a few minutes and Nadene came over, with a smile and friendly attitude (as always). They spent time talking as we shopped, and when I needed something from behind the counter she gladly offered to go get it for me! There was no attitude, it was so refreshing.

While I was there, Nadene's coworker came over talk and turned out she was a photographer! We networked for a bit and hopefully I'll be hearing from her soon. Then the clerk that was checking me out was friendly enough to start up a conversation about her little boy who is turning one soon and she asked for a business card because she was looking for someone to photograph him! It was so nice not to be rushed blankly through the line and actually meet some really cool people and maybe even a new customer!
I love how the whole experience stemmed from not going to Walmart!

Ok so the pros and cons:
Pro: nice, friendly service
Pro: Met some really cool people
Pro: Networked
Pro: It was so close to the house
Pro: Left with a great feeling!

Con: I did spend a bit more

Conclusion: The great service so far exceeded the extra few dollars I spent that I didn't even think about the cost difference until now! I would gladly spend more for this type of service!

P.S. Nadene if you are reading this, I must tell you that you are so great at your job and you are a really great person! Thanks for spending time to get to know my kids!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This sounds like a really awesome story. I wish that I just had the time to take and meet new people and get my Mary Kay business going. Maybe you could help me out sometime. As for the pics, they are great, but you know I am still not fond of weddings and such. Still working on being content and not having to see him for more that a week will be a help. I am learning ever so much to be content with what I have. Great pics. You do an awesome job!

Anonymous said...

Just so you know, that comment at 11:56 am is from your buddy "you+me=fun". Have a great week!

Anonymous said...

Hello!! =)

I am SO loving your customer service posts! I am really in to this lately, too!

I love places that take care of me, and I do not love anything about W.Mart (and other big box places) except that they offer lower prices!

I am more than willing to go to a place that takes care of me even if it costs more.

Keep up the good work!

~ Camille Ackerman

Melissa said...

Hey guys thanks for the encouragement! I will try to keep this updated as much as possible, because I enjoy great customer service and I am in the pursuit of it lol! So if you know any places for me to try out let me know.

About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, photographer based out of Dayton Ohio. Will travel =) I believe in love. I cry when I see it’s presence in photographs of people I don’t even know. I believe love can be touched with the eyes as they move across the well told story of a photograph. That’s what I want to do… I want to tell love stories with my photographs.
I know Jesus in my heart and through him I know how to change lives. All the beauty I see is because of the stability and inspiration of my home life. Family is so very important to me. They are what makes me complete, my foundation and my encouragement. It is because of them that I know a great love story while looking through a lens.