email

melissa@MelissaEsterlinePhotography.com

Melissa Esterline Photography's Fan Box

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Yeah! A customer service plus

Yes, I have already encountered a great example of good, maybe even great customer service.
I had to run to our bank in town, so I packed the boys up and we headed out. The teller, who is always pleasant and helpful, completed our transaction with a smile. Then she asked if I had one or two with me today (kids). So out with my receipt came two pieces of gum and stickers. Mason rolled down he window and shouted THANK YOU! This woman always does this and the boys love it! I must say I do as well. It's not about the free stuff, it's that she goes above and beyond good customer service. It just makes me smile.
Ok this is another good example.
We went through the drive-thru at Mcdonalds here in town. Immediately when I heard the voice over the intercom I knew who it was. She is always pleasant and asks me if "that will be all, and is your screen correct" before she completes my order. When we pay she always passes out cookies to the boys. Again not about the free stuff, because we all know that those cookies are back there for all the drive-thru employees to hand out. How many actually pass them out? Just her, seriously this entire year she is the only one that I've had hand them out. So then we pull up and the kid making the drinks, takes a napkin and wipes off the lids before he hands them out to me! I know, it's such a small thing, but it sure made a difference to me.
So I asked to speak to the manager and I told him how big of a difference it made for those two people to be as pleasant as they were. I think it made his day too.
So YEAH! My belief in customer service is on the mend!

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, photographer based out of Dayton Ohio. Will travel =) I believe in love. I cry when I see it’s presence in photographs of people I don’t even know. I believe love can be touched with the eyes as they move across the well told story of a photograph. That’s what I want to do… I want to tell love stories with my photographs.
I know Jesus in my heart and through him I know how to change lives. All the beauty I see is because of the stability and inspiration of my home life. Family is so very important to me. They are what makes me complete, my foundation and my encouragement. It is because of them that I know a great love story while looking through a lens.