email

melissa@MelissaEsterlinePhotography.com

Melissa Esterline Photography's Fan Box

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Really cool Bridal information:

Written by Amelia Robinson


Photo by Lisa Powell
Jennifer Campbell (left) and Kristina Hein, employees of the Goodwill store in Beavercreek, hang wedding dresses Tuesday, March 25, in preparation for a sale that starts today. Goodwill is offering 600 gently used wedding dresses at prices as low as $49. The sale also will be available at the Troy store.

BEAVERCREEK — Brides-to-be: Prepare your charge cards. There may be a wedding dress with your name on it at an unlikely place.

Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley is selling 600 sample wedding dresses for $99.99 today, March 25, through Friday and for $49.99 on Saturday at its Beavercreek and Troy stores, spokeswoman Mari Jo V. Sellers said.

The dresses are in good shape, but may need cleaning and alterations.

They have not been worn by a bride, but they’ve been worn,” (tried on), Sellers said, noting that a business provided the dresses to Goodwill for a reduced price.

Sellers said the sale can be a real money saver.

The average consumer spent $1,564 on a wedding dress in 2007, according to the Wedding Report, a wedding statistics company.

Kelly Evans, 29, of Dayton, got an early look at Goodwill’s first wedding dress sale on Tuesday while shopping with fiance Joe Gier and her son, Dakota Evans.

She searched the racks for a dress that would outshine the one she’d already selected for her April 2 union. Her hunt for a dress became a larger effort with Sellers, fellow shopper Kathleen Koehl of Beavercreek and others helping.

The quality of the dresses impressed Koehl, who didn’t know Evans.

“I wish I knew someone who was getting married. I would buy them a dress,” Koehl, 39, said after zipping up Evans.

The selection runs the gamut from traditional to contemporary and includes ivory, champagne, white and off-white dresses in sizes ranging mainly from 10 to 16.

The dresses included gowns designed by Jessica McClintock, Alfred Angelo and Mon Cheri.

The sale benefits Goodwill Easter Seals Miami Valley programs that assist people with disabilities .

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, photographer based out of Dayton Ohio. Will travel =) I believe in love. I cry when I see it’s presence in photographs of people I don’t even know. I believe love can be touched with the eyes as they move across the well told story of a photograph. That’s what I want to do… I want to tell love stories with my photographs.
I know Jesus in my heart and through him I know how to change lives. All the beauty I see is because of the stability and inspiration of my home life. Family is so very important to me. They are what makes me complete, my foundation and my encouragement. It is because of them that I know a great love story while looking through a lens.