email

melissa@MelissaEsterlinePhotography.com

Melissa Esterline Photography's Fan Box

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

To my babies:

I've been watching myself with my kids lately and I've noticed something. I'm saying "not now" and "maybe later" way too much. It worries me. Whenever I hear Trace Adkins' song You're Gonna Miss This, I get choked up.

There’s a plummer workin’ on the water heater,
Dogs barkin’ phones ringin’ one kid’s cryin’ one kid’s screamin’,
And she keeps apologizing, he says they don’t bother me I got 2 babies of my own one’s 36 one’s 23 it’s hard to believe

But you’re gonna miss this
You’re gonna want this back
You’re gonna wish these days hadn’t gone by so fast
These are some good times so take a good look around
You may not know it now
But you’re gonna miss this
You’re gonna miss this

I know every parent experiences some sort of sadness as their children grow and become independent persons, but I think what I'm feeling is a little different. I still have babies at home and I can try to make our days together better. I have to slow down and remember that someday I'm going to want my babies to spend time with me.
Even now as I type this Branson is sitting in my lap saying "I hold you Mommy" "I hold you Mommy".
So, hold me my sweet babies and I'll hold you. Tomorrow I might wake up and the "hold you" will be gone and the slap of baby feet against the floor won't be heard, but the love we've left on the heart will always be felt.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
Wife, mother, photographer based out of Dayton Ohio. Will travel =) I believe in love. I cry when I see it’s presence in photographs of people I don’t even know. I believe love can be touched with the eyes as they move across the well told story of a photograph. That’s what I want to do… I want to tell love stories with my photographs.
I know Jesus in my heart and through him I know how to change lives. All the beauty I see is because of the stability and inspiration of my home life. Family is so very important to me. They are what makes me complete, my foundation and my encouragement. It is because of them that I know a great love story while looking through a lens.